Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


I say that with the sincerest of my abilities. This is the first Valentine's Day in, um, 5 years, that I am truly excited about. No, there is no man in sight; and I think that is what is making it so delightful. It's the first real holiday of a new year and there are no levels of expectation or hype. Just me and some lady friends grabbing some grub and going to the movies. I may throw in a mani/pedi and massage and have one heck of a holiday.

With that said, I did have an unexpected gift at my door. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Aww... I was going to send you some after Valentine's Day, but looks like you got your tulips! Even when I did have a man in my life Valentine's Day was never a big deal, and I tell people I don't care about the holiday, but really I am so lonely. I wish I had your outlook and positive attitude.

    Happy V-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, I cherish you for who you are. I'm glad that we have remained friends over the years. Every feeling lasts only for a season and mine was 18 months long. I learned circumstances change. Yours will change also; you won't always be lonely. I may be across the country, but I can always answer my phone! xoxo

    ReplyDelete