Tuesday, February 2, 2010

God's just THAT good


I'm just now realizing that I never informed anyone on how last week went pertaining to the trip from the "hubby" and in-laws.

At the beginning of January when I was informed that they would make a trip at the end of the month, my mother and I began praying (heavily) and asking for prayer that God's will be done in the situation; Lord knows that I so did not want them to come. However, it was confirmed later that week that they indeed would be joining us from Wednesday evening to Saturday morning. Tolerable at best.

My prayers then changed from if they were coming to while they're here, give me wisdom, discernment, and a silent tongue. I was so fearful of how I would react, and there's a huge difference between respond, to the things they did/didn't do/say. The Lord continued to press upon my heart that He had not left me, but would be by my side the entire visit and to keep praying for them. It was emphasised that I shouldn't grow complacent and believe that since I addressed the issue in the Throne Room once that I was good to go. No, instead, I should continue to lift it before God and pray each day the way I was lead to pray for different aspects which I had somehow forgotten or didn't realize their importance...

The Wednesday of their arrival had come. Every time I spoke with the "hubby" their departure time was later and later, fine by me. Blessing #1. Because of their delay in the road trip, I was able to attend the church-wide prayer meeting that evening and not disrupt the routine Brooklyn and I are accustomed to. Blessing #2. During the meeting, the request that I had put in on Sunday regarding the visit was announced (anonymously of course) and prayed for...with yet another X# of people and anointed with God's presence and filled with the Holy Spirit. Blessing #3.

Now mind you, since Christmas, I have been asking the Lord to help me be sensitive to the wooing of the Holy Spirit and to act when I felt Him moving me. Fifteen minutes before the prayer meeting was over, I felt urged from within, to go ahead and leave to go home. Dad and I got up (keep in mind, the fact that my father is attending not only Sunday mornings, but Wednesday night prayer meeting is its own huge blessing!) and headed home. Pulling into the complex directly in front of us were the "hubby" and in laws. Blessing #4.

Once everything had calmed down and everyone was settling in for the evening, I was then informed that they would be departing Friday evening because they were anticipating 12" of snow at their home. Combined with their delay in arriving and now the early departure, 14 hours had been chopped from the visit. Blessing #5. Later that evening, after everyone had gone to sleep, the "hubby" and I were talking downstairs where I was prompted to dive into a financial conversation with him. The Holy Spirit lead me through a line of questions which *eventually* uncovered the truth to where his money was going. Blessing #6. Following this was a brief remark about how I would be keeping the entire tax return to pay off his debts to our daughter and my family. Some arguing followed, but soon he realized it was the proper thing to do. Blessing #7.

We all awoke the next morning, enjoyed breakfast and went out the door to do somethings. First, the "hubby" and I went and filed for a passport for Brooklyn. Went smoothly, total agreement, and a pleasant experience. Blessing #8. Following this, we headed down to the Aquarium (mom-in-law picked up gas expense...blends in with following blessing). Mind you, we were blessed with such beautiful weather to experience this adventure and the trip itself was amazing. No arguing or even disgruntled attitudes. Everyone was on their best behavior and had a blast. Blessing #9.

Upon our return to the townhouse, news was that the storm heading toward their home was expected to hit 6 hours sooner. This prompted the "hubby" and I to file taxes while Brooklyn was napping. While we were dong this, he became rather pissy (sorry for the language) about the amount we were receiving. Now, had I not been sensitive to the Holy Spirit telling me the prior night to warn "hubby" of not receiving any of it, it would have been ugly. But having yielded to God's will and being sensitive to His exact timing, I was refunded more money than I hoped for and could not receive argument/objection because "hubby" had agreed to it the night before. Blessings #10/11/12

We got home and everyone was waking up from their naps. The temperature had since dropped and we decided to stay in and watch movies and play with toys. My dad ordered pizza (that's another side note blessing) and hung out downstairs until it was discussed (prompted by my father) that the snowfall was now estimated 18-24" and starting Friday night and that they should maybe cut their trip even shorter and leave asap in the morning! Blessings #13 and #14.

After a wonderful night's sleep, everyone awoke in a rather chipper mood. Clothes were packed, the car was loaded, and goodbyes began. Little Brooklyn handled herself so amazingly well that that brought tears to my eyes. That she was able to say goodbye to her father and grandparents, but stay focused on the fact that Kitty was coming over later and this pain that she felt was only temporary. Blessing #15. Away they drove. No tears shed from my eyes.

I just cannot get over how good God was during this trip and how many details that had been accounted for that I could not even fathom had I tried. I believe wholeheartedly that because I walked in complete submission to His will and covered my house, daughter, family, and myself in complete prayer, that I was not only rewarded financially and with a shorter trip...but I felt and walked with the Holy Spirit and His presence for the longest period of my life.

Not that I have never felt His presence with me, but I have never sustained that feeling for as long as I did last week. That experience will never be wiped from my memory and has only deepened my faith in Him. Thank You Lord.

Blessings #16-20.

No comments:

Post a Comment