Saturday, February 20, 2010

Armor Up

Been a long while since I had a day take me completely off guard. Not that it was a bad thing, just the type of day that reminds you why praying and walking in the Holy Spirit are not optional when walking with the Lord.

Woke up this morning and before I even rolled out of bed, I went ahead and clothed myself with the armor of God (read through verse 18). Now, it's not that this isn't a daily practice but I usually do it once little one is eating her breakfast, I'm drinking my morning coffee, and reading our morning devotional. Reguardless, it came to mind, so I armored up. The first hour of the morning went off without incident and baby girl and I were almost ready to head out for a date with friends when I realized I had a missed called...

As I looked to see who it was, I was a little shocked. It was the mother-in-law. Not that I cared she had called, it merely took me aback that she was: 1. calling in the morning and 2. calling from her cell phone. Whatever. Listened to the vm and about lost it in rage. She was addressing some money questions that the "hubby" had brought to her attention. I wasn't mad at her, I was furious with his lying, again. Within 2 minutes though, I was calm and thinking clearly. I knew that the Lord was showing me some truth.

Furthermore, because I had on the Helmet of Salvation, I was thinking rationally and was able to make wise decisions without being influenced by my wacko emotions. ha ha. I called the "hubby," caught the lie, and just let him know that we all knew. Didn't matter. Thought I was going to be able to go on with my day, but apparently I wasn't. Prior to the arrival of our company to the aquarium, I went ahead and asked that my heart be softened, I watch my tongue, and I be filled with the Holy Spirit while being sensitive to Him.

15 minutes later...out the door we went. {insert minor bumper bender here. seriously} The whole way to the VBA I just knew I was going to have to call the m-i-l and chat with her later that day. I knew I had been shown the truth, I should listen to the Holy Spirit and share with her as well. After all, she and I are on the same side and aren't enemies and I refuse to let a wedge of division be driven into our relationship if it is not God ordained.

She and I chatted later today and discussed things that had to be vocalized. Long story short, more dirt came out and I said what needed to be said. Blunt. Direct. Twice. No misunderstanding what I was saying.

But I did it in a calm manner and with a sense of peace. I know these conversations were in God's will. I'm sorry that it had to come to this, but you can't hide from the truth. And that, my friends, is not my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment