Thursday, March 18, 2010

Saint Patrick's Day & Kevin Mac

Oh joy did I do my ancestors right...I celebrated St. Patty's Day at a Mexican restaurant listening to some awesome live country music. And who better to spend the day with? None other than Miss Cantrell. That's not the point of this post. A few weeks ago I asked y'all to send me some new music to listen to (you, all of you, dropped the ball on that) and I included who I was currently listening to. I mentioned in passing that I had been introduced to a new artist Kevin Mac who I appreciated. My previous comments did not do this gentleman justice by a long shot. Even given the small venue, his charisma and true joy for his art shined with every strum of the guitar.

It was amazing how well he and his partners-in-crime worked together and fed off each others' energies.  Each song they did was done with such passion and ownership that it made you want them to go on...and on...and on. He was responsive to the crowd and got them on their feet, moving...even if caused some of us to chuckle. Kevin also took the time to mingle with the crowd and invest some of himself. Simple things like that make others want to invest in the artist as well.

It's clear he's got the skills and the drive. Kevin opened for Kenny Chesney and learned from numerous other names in the country business. I am extremely excited to see his career blossom and be taken where the Lord takes it...oh yeah, he's a believer.

Kevin Mac will be playing at Guadalajara on General Booth on Wednesdays (9-11pm) March 24 and 31 and hopefully into the month of April (check out his links to find other venues he will be gracing with his talent). I will keep you posted and highly recommend you take the time to check this guy out. He's just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment