Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Realize...

that it's been a fairly long time since I updated about the career aspect of my life. I'm still without a career. Job. Employment. You get the idea. Not that I am not occupied with the little one or with church things, but I have no paid job. I'm currently at the point where my flesh and worldly thoughts are battling with that of my Scriptural beliefs and faith in Christ. It's so easy to go and fill out applications or submit my resume, both of which I would assume would yield a job. A job though is not what I want/need--that would be a career. My flesh keeps telling me to take it into my own hands, that God is taking too long to respond, that God has gotten me as far as He is willing to take me, etc. Even with all these thoughts zipping through my head, my heart knows better. Had I not soaked my brain with Scripture, I would be out doing things my own way. Not God's way. And granted I might be able to make a living, I wouldn't be living. God has such amazing things in store for me that I would hate to miss out on what blessings could be mine!

Matthew 7:7-11
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 9 “Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Romans 12:2

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.

And this list could go on and on, but those are just a few that I meditate on.

No comments:

Post a Comment