Sunday, April 25, 2010

Whoa! Too Long!

Whoa, been way too long since my last post and I do apologize! Quick break down of the last few weeks:
1. Drama/complications with hubby and family...God's gonna deal with it and get glory from it. Not my battle any longer.
2. Hit the 2 month mark for being smoke free. If it weren't for me having to think about the quit date, wouldn't even cross my mind.
3. Hallelujah!!! I survived and completed my first (and probably only) half marathon! Right about 3 hours to finish. Good note, my lovely ladies and I are thinking about getting a group to do the Turkey Trot 5k this Thanksgiving.
4. I got a job!!!!!

Yes, you read that correctly. I was blessed with employment this past Friday! How very exciting and amazing. Here's the story:

Laura Oliver has been helping me with submitting, writing, tweaking, etc. my resume since August 2009 (yes, that long) and finally it paid off. I was unaware that her father knew I needed a position and was blown away when my name came to his mind when a friend of his needed a position filled. Within a few days, I was shuffled through applications, an interview, a test (BTW, it reminded me how much I hate Algebra, logic, etc ;-) ), and a few more emails and finally corporate approval/paperwork. And within a week, I was given details on pay and benefits and offered the position.

Here are some things that are stellar and details I would never had thought about:

1. I get to set my own hours; therefore the immediate need for childcare has been lifted and is being addressed by prayer, petition, and God's will. (Please keep this aspect of life in your prayers as well)
2. The company (Advanced Technology Institute) is growing rapidly in this starving economy and that, by itself, speaks volumes!
3. During the interview, I had been informed that the goal of the position for which I was being hired was that said individual, me, within a year would be training people for the position I would be assuming upon hiring. Um, nothing but moving up in sight!
4. It's a quick commute.
5. It's a predictive job. I will be working in the Financial Aid Office helping students get money affairs in order. (Nothing but black and white)
6. No weekends required and I'm done by 4 on Fridays!

I am sure there are many more that I am overlooking or failing to mention, but it doesn't matter...I have a job! With "career potential" written all over it!

I will never be able to say this enough, but THANK YOU. For your prayers, kind words, love, support, encouragement, etc. You will never know how much it means to me to know that I have a support system that is extremely strong and I have a family numbering in the 100's. Thank you!

I start Thursday...so, please pray that Brooklyn and I adjust well and that I am mentally prepared for this new journey I will be embarking on!

No comments:

Post a Comment